Translate

Sunday 4 August 2013

YouMIc the fabulous writer STRIKES AGAIN!!

This is a piece of writing that YouMic crafted for the Altrusa writing competition.  Unfortunately we missed the deadline, but simply had to share this amazing piece.

The theme was 'When I saw it my life changed forever..."


PETRA 
When I saw it my life changed forever.  This was the day I’d waited for, for so long.  Massive walls towered above me, orange and red cliffs glowing as we journeyed under them.  Wandering between steep sharp rocks like the blade of a knights sword.   And then, after what seemed like hours I turned the final corner.  There in front of me was a huge gigantic building.  Enormous columns, stunning statues shimmering orange in the afternoon sun.  Beautiful carvings and patterns from thousands of years ago.  Dust was in my face and mouth was dry but I didn’t care.  This was amazing.  In fact it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.  The magnificent Treasury of Petra.
by YouMic


6 comments:

  1. YouMic, what a talented committed writer you are. Fabulous work!! Mrs T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great talent you have in room 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool writing YouMic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow You are a star writer are you going to be an author when you are older?

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome I would love to be there from jack rimu 6 Southbrook school

    ReplyDelete